Shamans come in all shapes, sizes, cultures, nationalities, and exist at all parts of the energetic spectrum.
There’s a shaman for every community. It was this way 1,000 years ago, and it is this way now.
Unawakened shamans exist in all parts of the country and the world, they have gifts - they just don’t know it yet.
When I first learned that I was meant to be a shaman, I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment, in the heart of the Midwest of the United States. I was a graduate student and a mom, and I was the last person of my friend group, who I’d expect to become a shaman.
I didn’t know about any shamanic ancestry or history, and I certainly didn’t think I played the stereotypic part.
I was wrong, there is no part.
And here I am.
What about you? Don’t think you could play the part of shaman?
Could you be a shaman and not know it yet?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Has your life been marked by physical or emotional “illness” that has gone unhealed and unresolved by the medical system?
- Have you had procedures or surgeries to resolve these issues, but you’ve been left underwhelmed by the results?
- Looking at your peers, do you feel like you’ve had a rougher past with more challenges than others have had?
- Do you think that you’re a compassionate, loving, and giving person, yet you find yourself struggling financially?
- Do you love watching medical mystery and/or forensic crime-solving shows, fascinated by the mystery of illness and death?
- Have you always been interested in learning about the human mind and understanding why people make the decisions that they do?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental disorder?
- Do you lead a “regular” life, but feel like you’re lost and just going about the motions and doing what’s expected?
- Do you need a lot of alone time to recharge and think about things after social gatherings?
- Have you ever experienced a medical or emotional challenge that you thought required a doctor, but in the end, you were able to see it through and heal yourself (ice packs, tea, herbal medicine and with whatever else you intuitively decided)?
- Do you find yourself drawn and open to holistic healing modalities such as yoga, energy healing, acupuncture, massage, therapy, herbal and homeopathic remedies, and spiritual work?
If you find yourself answering yes to these questions, it might be time to consider the path of shamanism.