Ceremony to Close an Indoor Spirit, Ghost, or Demonic Dark Portal
use this ceremony to close a dark portal in your home or indoors - can be used for dark spirits, ghosts, and/or demons
- White sage, ripped into small pieces
- Abalone shell
- Himalayan salt lamp with bulb (any size)
- 3 white candles - glass pillars
- Cross (of any material or size)
- 4 pieces of obsidian (any size, raw or polished)
- 4 pieces of rose quartz (any size, raw or polished)
- 4 pieces of clear quartz points (any size)
- 4 pieces of red tiger’s eye (any size, raw or polished)
- Psalm 23
Approximately 2 hours before the time that you choose to start the ceremony, go to the place of the indoor portal and do the following:
- Place 1 piece of obsidian, 1 piece of rose quartz, 1 piece of red tiger’s eye, and 1 clear quartz point in each of the 4 corners of the space - either in the 4 corners of the room, or the 4 corners of the portal. Make sure you cluster crystals together in each of the 4 locations of placement.
- Plug in and turn on the salt lamp and place at the entrance to the portal, if known, or if not, in the center of the space.
- Gather 3 white candles. Starting at the salt lamp, walk 2-5 feet in a straight path behind the lamp and place all 3 candles in a cluster here. Light Candles.
- Affix cross over the location of portal (if possible) or place it laying flat on the ground, directly in front of the salt lamp/portal area.
- Ideally, at this point, your salt lamp is at the entrance of the portal, the cross in front of the salt lamp or above portal (preferred), the 3 candles are BEHIND the salt lamp at the presumed “back” of the portal and crystals are in small clusters at 4 corners of the portal. Do the best you can.
- Leave the the space and allow your work to ‘sit’ for at least 2 hours.
After you have completed the above steps, and have allowed the energy of the materials the time to start working, it’s time to begin the portal closing ceremony.
- Gather white sage and rip into tiny pieces if bundled. Place in abalone shell and light with matches or lighter. Light in multiple places to ensure it will continue to burn.
- Bring white sage (burning) in abalone shell to location of portal and set on a heat proof surface in a nearby or central location where the sage smoke can easily fill the space.
- Have all ceremonial participants sit on the floor and loosely join hands with palms facing upwards.
- Have everyone close their eyes.
- To close the portal, say and visualize as you say it:
“I now call upon the Archangels Michael, Azrael, Uriel, Ukiah, and Raphael to close this portal and return all dark Spirits from whence they came, within the portal, or to accept, those willing, to return to the Light.”
Leader of the ceremony now visualizes the dark portal being closed down into the Earth and made smaller by Archangels surrounding the portal. Visualize all dark spirits now being pushed down into the closing portal, or, those willing are taken to the Light above by an Archangel.
Archangels now close the portal entirely and all dark spirits existing in the space have either been returned to within the closed portal or have been transitioned into the light.
- To replace the portal with Divine Light and heal the space, say and visualize:
“I now call upon the Archangels to open from above a Divine portal of light to shine upon this space and allow within it only those of the highest and greatest good. All those who do not reside in the holiest of lights may not come near or enter into this space, as it is reserved for only divine, light filled energy and beings from hereto forward.”
Leader of the ceremony now visualizes the sky above opening and a shining, golden beam of light illuminates the entire space that was once a portal, widening to encompass and fill the entire space. Visualize the light moving down to the ground, and below it, into the Earth filling and replacing the once dark portal below with Divine, healing energy. Visualize the beam of light travelling all the way down to the center of the earth, with the bright, golden light completely replacing the darkness of the old portal. Finalize the visualization by imagining a burst of divine light blasting and converting all dark portal energy into light energy.
- Once this is done, return your attention to the center of the room and instruct everyone to open their eyes.
- Read Psalm 23.
- To close the ceremony:
- Allow sage to burn until it has completely extinguished on its own. Once sage has ceased burning, open the nearest window or ventilate the room another way.
- Blow out candles.
- Allow salt lamp to stay lit for as long as possible. For as long as you stay in the space, until nightfall, or the the following morning. Leave crystals in their place indefinitely. If they are in the way, push to the corners of the room.
- Ceremony is complete.
- Clean up.
LAST UPDATED: September 30, 2015
*Disclosure: Affiliate links appear in this post. When you purchase through an affiliate link, you help support this site.