Over the course of the last few months, I've watched silently the situation unfolding with the Standing Rock Reservation vs. efforts by big oil to proceed with the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL).
Horrified by the actions and inactions of people in my own nation, and with a heavy heart, I didn't know what, if anything, I could do.
So I watched, and my heart hurt, as I asked myself how this was happening again. As a nation, how were we repeating a painful history?
Now is the time that we, as a globe, need to come together to help Standing Rock stand up against big oil and break the pattern of this repeating history.
Not only does this pipeline disregard and put private interest above the Sovereignty of a native nation, it also paves the way for huge environmental impacts that could detriment the water supply of thousands, if not millions, of peoples (human and not).
We CAN help - there IS something we can all do.
Here's how you can help:
They need food, supplies for winter, and an inordinate amount of supplies to support the camp of those who are protesting the pipeline.
Enough said. They need legal help and that costs money.
Contact the White House & Policy Makers and Raise Your Voice
Currently, our nation's leaders are largely ignoring this issue. We can call and speak up!
- Phone number to the White House: (202) 456-1111
- Sign the White House Petition: HERE (older petition) and a brand new one was recently started by a Water Protector to get the attention of the White House HERE. SIGN BOTH.
- Call the Army Corps of Engineers: Phone numbers HERE
- Call the Governor of North Dakota, Jack Dalrymple: (701) 328-2200 and email the Governor's office here.
- Contact the US Department of Justice: Contact info HERE
- Contact your state senators and congressmen/women: Find your congressional representatives here and find/contact your senators here.
Donate Directly to Their PayPal Account
Offer your prayers, share this post, talk about it
Consistently and with others. This issue is barely on the radar of national news. We can enact change through social efforts as a nation and as a world.
Post, share, screenshot - whatever you need to do - please share and do something. 💕🙏💞 Thanks @healyaroots for the share. #nodapl #waterislife #waterprotectors #standingrock #standingwithstandingrock #mniwiconi #potus #flotus #dakotaaccesspipeline #respectourwater #prayforstandingrock #sacredstonecamp